The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 7004|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||trtq|| ||Q@toreth|
| ||incense, perfume, smoke|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 5 Verses|
- 2Ch 2:4 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "Behold, I am about to build a house for the name of the LORD my God, dedicating it to Him, to burn fragrant incense before Him and to set out the showbread continually, and to offer burnt offerings morning and evening, on sabbaths and on new moons and on the appointed feasts of the LORD our God, this being required forever in Israel.
- 2Ch 13:11 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "Every morning and evening they burn to the LORD burnt offerings and fragrant incense, and the showbread is set on the clean table, and the golden lampstand with its lamps is ready to light every evening; for we keep the charge of the LORD our God, but you have forsaken Him.
- 2Ch 26:16 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- But when he became strong, his heart was so proud that he acted corruptly, and he was unfaithful to the LORD his God, for he entered the temple of the LORD to burn incense on the altar of incense.
- 2Ch 26:19 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- But Uzziah, with a censer in his hand for burning incense, was enraged; and while he was enraged with the priests, the leprosy broke out on his forehead before the priests in the house of the LORD, beside the altar of incense.
- 2Ch 29:7 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "They have also shut the doors of the porch and put out the lamps, and have not burned incense or offered burnt offerings in the holy place to the God of Israel.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Q@toreth". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".