The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 7122|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||)rq|| ||Qara'|
| ||against, befall, befallen, came, chance, come, down, encounter, engage, event, happen to come, happened, help, meet, met, opposite, right, seek, toward|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 8 Verses|
- Ex 1:10 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "Come, let us deal wisely with them, or else they will multiply and in the event of war, they will also join themselves to those who hate us, and fight against us and depart from the land ."
- Ex 4:14 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then the anger of the LORD burned against Moses, and He said, "Is there not your brother Aaron the Levite? I know that he speaks fluently. And moreover, behold, he is coming out to meet you; when he sees you, he will be glad in his heart.
- Ex 4:27 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Now the LORD said to Aaron, "Go to meet Moses in the wilderness ." So he went and met him at the mountain of God and kissed him.
- Ex 5:3 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then they said, "The God of the Hebrews has met with us. Please, let us go a three days' journey into the wilderness that we may sacrifice to the LORD our God, otherwise He will fall upon us with pestilence or with the sword ."
- Ex 7:15 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "Go to Pharaoh in the morning as he is going out to the water, and station yourself to meet him on the bank of the Nile; and you shall take in your hand the staff that was turned into a serpent.
- Ex 14:27 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- So Moses stretched out his hand over the sea, and the sea returned to its normal state at daybreak, while the Egyptians were fleeing right into it; then the LORD overthrew the Egyptians in the midst of the sea.
- Ex 18:7 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then Moses went out to meet his father-in-law, and he bowed down and kissed him; and they asked each other of their welfare and went into the tent.
- Ex 19:17 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And Moses brought the people out of the camp to meet God, and they stood at the foot of the mountain.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Qara'". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".