The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 7122|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||)rq|| ||Qara'|
| ||against, befall, befallen, came, chance, come, down, encounter, engage, event, happen to come, happened, help, meet, met, opposite, right, seek, toward|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 5 Verses|
- Jer 13:22 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "If you say in your heart, 'Why have these things happened to me?' Because of the magnitude of your iniquity Your skirts have been removed And your heels have been exposed.
- Jer 32:23 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- 'They came in and took possession of it, but they did not obey Your voice or walk in Your law; they have done nothing of all that You commanded them to do; therefore You have made all this calamity come upon them.
- Jer 41:6 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then Ishmael the son of Nethaniah went out from Mizpah to meet them, weeping as he went; and as he met them, he said to them, "Come to Gedaliah the son of Ahikam !"
- Jer 44:23 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "Because you have burned sacrifices and have sinned against the LORD and not obeyed the voice of the LORD or walked in His law, His statutes or His testimonies, therefore this calamity has befallen you, as it has this day ."
- Jer 51:31 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- One courier runs to meet another, And one messenger to meet another, To tell the king of Babylon That his city has been captured from end to end;
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Qara'". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".