The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 7122|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||)rq|| ||Qara'|
| ||against, befall, befallen, came, chance, come, down, encounter, engage, event, happen to come, happened, help, meet, met, opposite, right, seek, toward|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 5 Verses|
- Jos 8:5 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "ThenI and all the people who are with me will approach the city. And when they come out to meet us as at the first, we will flee before them.
- Jos 8:14 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- It came about when the king of Ai saw it, that the men of the city hurried and rose up early and went out to meet Israel in battle, he and all his people at the appointed place before the desert plain. But he did not know that there was an ambush against him behind the city.
- Jos 8:22 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- The others came out from the city to encounter them, so that they were trapped in the midst of Israel, some on this side and some on that side; and they slew them until no one was left of those who survived or escaped.
- Jos 9:11 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "So our elders and all the inhabitants of our country spoke to us, saying, 'Take provisions in your hand for the journey, and go to meet them and say to them, "We are your servants; now then, make a covenant with us."'
- Jos 11:20 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- For it was of the LORD to harden their hearts, to meet Israel in battle in order that he might utterly destroy them, that they might receive no mercy, but that he might destroy them, just as the LORD had commanded Moses.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Qara'". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".