The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 7122|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||)rq|| ||Qara'|
| ||against, befall, befallen, came, chance, come, down, encounter, engage, event, happen to come, happened, help, meet, met, opposite, right, seek, toward|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 11 Verses|
- Jud 4:18 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Jael went out to meet Sisera, and said to him, "Turn aside, my master, turn aside to me! Do not be afraid ." And he turned aside to her into the tent, and she covered him with a rug.
- Jud 4:22 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And behold, as Barak pursued Sisera, Jael came out to meet him and said to him, "Come, andI will show you the man whom you are seeking ." And he entered with her, and behold Sisera was lying dead with the tent peg in his temple.
- Jud 6:35 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- He sent messengers throughout Manasseh, and they also were called together to follow him; and he sent messengers to Asher, Zebulun, and Naphtali, and they came up to meet them.
- Jud 7:24 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Gideon sent messengers throughout all the hill country of Ephraim, saying, "Come down against Midian and take the waters before them, as far as Beth-barah and the Jordan ." So all the men of Ephraim were summoned and they took the waters as far as Beth-barah and the Jordan.
- Jud 11:31 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- then it shall be that whatever comes out of the doors of my house to meet me whenI return in peace from the sons of Ammon, it shall be the LORD'S, andI will offer it up as a burnt offering ."
- Jud 11:34 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- When Jephthah came to his house at Mizpah, behold, his daughter was coming out to meet him with tambourines and with dancing. Now she was his one and only child; besides her he had no son or daughter.
- Jud 14:5 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then Samson went down to Timnah with his father and mother, and came as far as the vineyards of Timnah; and behold, a young lion came roaring toward him.
- Jud 15:14 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- When he came to Lehi, the Philistines shouted as they met him. And the Spirit of the LORD came upon him mightily so that the ropes that were on his arms were as flax that is burned with fire, and his bonds dropped from his hands.
- Jud 19:3 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then her husband arose and went after her to speak tenderly to her in order to bring her back, taking with him his servant and a pair of donkeys. So she brought him into her father's house, and when the girl's father saw him, he was glad to meet him.
- Jud 20:25 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Benjamin went out against them from Gibeah the second day and felled to the ground again 18,000 men of the sons of Israel; all these drew the sword.
- Jud 20:31 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- The sons of Benjamin went out against the people and were drawn away from the city, and they began to strike and kill some of the people as at other times, on the highways, one of which goes up to Bethel and the other to Gibeah, and in the field, about thirty men of Israel.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Qara'". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".