The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 7122|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||)rq|| ||Qara'|
| ||against, befall, befallen, came, chance, come, down, encounter, engage, event, happen to come, happened, help, meet, met, opposite, right, seek, toward|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 8 Verses|
- Nu 20:18 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Edom, however, said to him, "You shall not pass through us, orI will come out with the sword against you."
- Nu 20:20 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- But he said, "You shall not pass through ." And Edom came out against him with a heavy force and with a strong hand.
- Nu 21:23 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- But Sihon would not permit Israel to pass through his border. So Sihon gathered all his people and went out against Israel in the wilderness, and came to Jahaz and fought against Israel.
- Nu 22:34 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Balaam said to the angel of the LORD, "I have sinned, forI did not know that you were standing in the way against me. Now then, if it is displeasing to you,I will turn back ."
- Nu 22:36 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- When Balak heard that Balaam was coming, he went out to meet him at the city of Moab, which is on the Arnon border, at the extreme end of the border.
- Nu 23:3 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then Balaam said to Balak, "Stand beside your burnt offering, andI will go; perhaps the LORD will come to meet me, and whatever He shows meI will tell you." So he went to a bare hill.
- Nu 24:1 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- When Balaam saw that it pleased the LORD to bless Israel, he did not go as at other times to seek omens but he set his face toward the wilderness.
- Nu 31:13 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Moses and Eleazar the priest and all the leaders of the congregation went out to meet them outside the camp.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Qara'". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".