The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 7393|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||bkr|| ||Rekeb|
| ||chariot, chariot horses, charioteers, chariots, rider, riders, train, upper millstone|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 4 Verses|
- 1Ch 18:4 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- David took from him 1,000 chariots and 7,000 horsemen and 20,000 foot soldiers, and David hamstrung all the chariot horses, but reserved enough of them for 100 chariots.
- 1Ch 19:6 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- When the sons of Ammon saw that they had made themselves odious to David, Hanun and the sons of Ammon sent 1,000 talents of silver to hire for themselves chariots and horsemen from Mesopotamia, from Aram-maacah and from Zobah.
- 1Ch 19:7 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- So they hired for themselves 32,000 chariots, and the king of Maacah and his people, who came and camped before Medeba. And the sons of Ammon gathered together from their cities and came to battle.
- 1Ch 19:18 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- The Arameans fled before Israel, and David killed of the Arameans 7,000 charioteers and 40,000 foot soldiers, and put to death Shophach the commander of the army.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Rekeb". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".