The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 7761|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||ew#|| ||suwm (Aramaic)|
| ||commanded, give, have, laid, made, misc, named|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 10 Verses|
- Da 2:5 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- The king answered and said to the Chaldeans, The thing is gone from me: if ye will not make known unto me the dream, with the interpretation thereof, ye shall be cut in pieces, and your houses shall be made a dunghill.
- Da 3:10 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Thou,O king, hast made a decree, that every man that shall hear the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, and dulcimer, and all kinds of musick, shall fall down and worship the golden image:
- Da 3:12 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- There are certain Jews whom thou hast set over the affairs of the province of Babylon, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego; these men,O king, have not regarded thee: they serve not thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.
- Da 3:29 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- ThereforeI make a decree, That every people, nation, and language, which speak any thing amiss against the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, shall be cut in pieces, and their houses shall be made a dunghill: because there is no other God that can deliver after this sort.
- Da 4:6 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Therefore madeI a decree to bring in all the wise men of Babylon before me, that they might make known unto me the interpretation of the dream.
- Da 5:12 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Forasmuch as an excellent spirit, and knowledge, and understanding, interpreting of dreams, and shewing of hard sentences, and dissolving of doubts, were found in the same Daniel, whom the king named Belteshazzar: now let Daniel be called, and he will shew the interpretation.
- Da 6:13 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then answered they and said before the king, That Daniel, which is of the children of the captivity of Judah, regardeth not thee,O king, nor the decree that thou hast signed, but maketh his petition three times a day.
- Da 6:14 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then the king, when he heard these words, was sore displeased with himself, and set his heart on Daniel to deliver him: and he laboured till the going down of the sun to deliver him.
- Da 6:17 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And a stone was brought, and laid upon the mouth of the den; and the king sealed it with his own signet, and with the signet of his lords; that the purpose might not be changed concerning Daniel.
- Da 6:26 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- I make a decree, That in every dominion of my kingdom men tremble and fear before the God of Daniel: for he is the living God, and stedfast for ever, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed, and his dominion shall be even unto the end.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for suwm (Aramaic)". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".