The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 7782|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||rpw#|| ||Showphar|
| ||cornet, trumpet|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 7 Verses|
- Jer 4:5 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Declare ye in Judah, and publish in Jerusalem; and say, Blow ye the trumpet in the land: cry, gather together, and say, Assemble yourselves, and let us go into the defenced cities.
- Jer 4:19 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- My bowels, my bowels!I am pained at my very heart; my heart maketh a noise in me;I cannot hold my peace, because thou hast heard, O my soul, the sound of the trumpet, the alarm of war.
- Jer 4:21 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- How long shallI see the standard, and hear the sound of the trumpet?
- Jer 6:1 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- O ye children of Benjamin, gather yourselves to flee out of the midst of Jerusalem, and blow the trumpet in Tekoa, and set up a sign of fire in Bethhaccerem: for evil appeareth out of the north, and great destruction.
- Jer 6:17 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- AlsoI set watchmen over you, saying, Hearken to the sound of the trumpet. But they said, We will not hearken.
- Jer 42:14 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Saying, No; but we will go into the land of Egypt, where we shall see no war, nor hear the sound of the trumpet, nor have hunger of bread; and there will we dwell:
- Jer 51:27 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Set ye up a standard in the land, blow the trumpet among the nations, prepare the nations against her, call together against her the kingdoms of Ararat, Minni, and Ashchenaz; appoint a captain against her; cause the horses to come up as the rough caterpillers.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Showphar". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".