The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 7810|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||dx#|| ||Shachad|
| ||bribe, bribes, corrupt, gifts, present, reward|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 4 Verses|
- Isa 1:23 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Your rulers are rebels And companions of thieves; Everyone loves a bribe And chases after rewards. They do not defend the orphan, Nor does the widow's plea come before them.
- Isa 5:23 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Who justify the wicked for a bribe, And take away the rights of the ones who are in the right!
- Isa 33:15 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- He who walks righteously and speaks with sincerity, He who rejects unjust gain And shakes his hands so that they hold no bribe; He who stops his ears from hearing about bloodshed And shuts his eyes from looking upon evil;
- Isa 45:13 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "I have aroused him in righteousness AndI will make all his ways smooth; He will build My city and will let My exiles go free, Without any payment or reward ," says the LORD of hosts.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Shachad". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".