The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 7997|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||ll#|| ||Shalal|
| ||fall, prey, purpose, spoil, take|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 5 Verses|
- Eze 26:12 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And they shall make a spoil of thy riches, and make a prey of thy merchandise: and they shall break down thy walls, and destroy thy pleasant houses: and they shall lay thy stones and thy timber and thy dust in the midst of the water.
- Eze 29:19 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold,I will give the land of Egypt unto Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon; and he shall take her multitude, and take her spoil, and take her prey; and it shall be the wages for his army.
- Eze 38:12 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- To take a spoil, and to take a prey; to turn thine hand upon the desolate places that are now inhabited, and upon the people that are gathered out of the nations, which have gotten cattle and goods, that dwell in the midst of the land.
- Eze 38:13 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Sheba, and Dedan, and the merchants of Tarshish, with all the young lions thereof, shall say unto thee, Art thou come to take a spoil? hast thou gathered thy company to take a prey? to carry away silver and gold, to take away cattle and goods, to take a great spoil?
- Eze 39:10 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- So that they shall take no wood out of the field, neither cut down any out of the forests; for they shall burn the weapons with fire: and they shall spoil those that spoiled them, and rob those that robbed them, saith the Lord GOD.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Shalal". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".