The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 8025|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||vl#|| ||Shalaph|
| ||draw, drawn, drawn forth, drew, grows, removed, swordsmen|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 3 Verses|
- 1Ch 10:4 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then Saul said to his armor bearer, "Draw your sword and thrust me through with it, otherwise these uncircumcised will come and abuse me." But his armor bearer would not, for he was greatly afraid. Therefore Saul took his sword and fell on it.
- 1Ch 21:5 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Joab gave the number of the census of all the people to David. And all Israel were 1,100,000 men who drew the sword; and Judah was 470,000 men who drew the sword.
- 1Ch 21:16 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then David lifted up his eyes and saw the angel of the LORD standing between earth and heaven, with his drawn sword in his hand stretched out over Jerusalem. Then David and the elders, covered with sackcloth, fell on their faces.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Shalaph". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".