The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 8045|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||dm#|| ||Shamad|
| ||completely, demolish, destroy, destroyed, destruction, eradicated, exterminate, totally destroy, utterly destroyed, wipe|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 5 Verses|
- 2Sa 14:7 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "Now behold, the whole family has risen against your maidservant, and they say, 'Hand over the one who struck his brother, that we may put him to death for the life of his brother whom he killed, and destroy the heir also .' Thus they will extinguish my coal which is left, so as to leave my husband neither name nor remnant on the face of the earth ."
- 2Sa 14:11 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then she said, "Please let the king remember the LORD your God, so that the avenger of blood will not continue to destroy, otherwise they will destroy my son ." And he said, "As the LORD lives, not one hair of your son shall fall to the ground ."
- 2Sa 14:16 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- 'For the king will hear and deliver his maidservant from the hand of the man who would destroy both me and my son from the inheritance of God .'
- 2Sa 21:5 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- So they said to the king, "The man who consumed us and who planned to exterminate us from remaining within any border of Israel,
- 2Sa 22:38 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "I pursued my enemies and destroyed them, AndI did not turn back until they were consumed.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Shamad". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".