The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 8045|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||dm#|| ||Shamad|
| ||destroy, destruction, misc, overthrown, perished|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 5 Verses|
- 2Sa 14:7 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And, behold, the whole family is risen against thine handmaid, and they said, Deliver him that smote his brother, that we may kill him, for the life of his brother whom he slew; and we will destroy the heir also: and so they shall quench my coal which is left, and shall not leave to my husband neither name nor remainder upon the earth.
- 2Sa 14:11 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then said she,I pray thee, let the king remember the LORD thy God, that thou wouldest not suffer the revengers of blood to destroy any more, lest they destroy my son. And he said, As the LORD liveth, there shall not one hair of thy son fall to the earth.
- 2Sa 14:16 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- For the king will hear, to deliver his handmaid out of the hand of the man that would destroy me and my son together out of the inheritance of God.
- 2Sa 21:5 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And they answered the king, The man that consumed us, and that devised against us that we should be destroyed from remaining in any of the coasts of Israel,
- 2Sa 22:38 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- I have pursued mine enemies, and destroyed them; and turned not again untilI had consumed them.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Shamad". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".