The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 8104|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||rm#|| ||Shamar|
| ||beware, heed, keep, keeper, mark, misc, observe, preserve, regard, save, wait, watch, watchman|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 14 Verses|
- 2Ch 5:11 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And it came to pass, when the priests were come out of the holy place: (for all the priests that were present were sanctified, and did not then wait by course:
- 2Ch 6:14 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And said, O LORD God of Israel, there is no God like thee in the heaven, nor in the earth; which keepest covenant, and shewest mercy unto thy servants, that walk before thee with all their hearts:
- 2Ch 6:15 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Thou which hast kept with thy servant David my father that which thou hast promised him; and spakest with thy mouth, and hast fulfilled it with thine hand, as it is this day.
- 2Ch 6:16 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Now therefore,O LORD God of Israel, keep with thy servant David my father that which thou hast promised him, saying, There shall not fail thee a man in my sight to sit upon the throne of Israel; yet so that thy children take heed to their way to walk in my law, as thou hast walked before me.
- 2Ch 7:17 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And as for thee, if thou wilt walk before me, as David thy father walked, and do according to all thatI have commanded thee, and shalt observe my statutes and my judgments;
- 2Ch 12:10 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Instead of which king Rehoboam made shields of brass, and committed them to the hands of the chief of the guard, that kept the entrance of the king's house.
- 2Ch 13:11 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And they burn unto the LORD every morning and every evening burnt sacrifices and sweet incense: the shewbread also set they in order upon the pure table; and the candlestick of gold with the lamps thereof, to burn every evening: for we keep the charge of the LORD our God; but ye have forsaken him.
- 2Ch 19:7 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Wherefore now let the fear of the LORD be upon you; take heed and do it: for there is no iniquity with the LORD our God, nor respect of persons, nor taking of gifts.
- 2Ch 23:6 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- But let none come into the house of the LORD, save the priests, and they that minister of the Levites; they shall go in, for they are holy: but all the people shall keep the watch of the LORD.
- 2Ch 33:8 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Neither willI any more remove the foot of Israel from out of the land whichI have appointed for your fathers; so that they will take heed to do all thatI have commanded them, according to the whole law and the statutes and the ordinances by the hand of Moses.
- 2Ch 34:9 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And when they came to Hilkiah the high priest, they delivered the money that was brought into the house of God, which the Levites that kept the doors had gathered of the hand of Manasseh and Ephraim, and of all the remnant of Israel, and of all Judah and Benjamin; and they returned to Jerusalem.
- 2Ch 34:21 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Go, enquire of the LORD for me, and for them that are left in Israel and in Judah, concerning the words of the book that is found: for great is the wrath of the LORD that is poured out upon us, because our fathers have not kept the word of the LORD, to do after all that is written in this book.
- 2Ch 34:22 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And Hilkiah, and they that the king had appointed, went to Huldah the prophetess, the wife of Shallum the son of Tikvath, the son of Hasrah, keeper of the wardrobe; (now she dwelt in Jerusalem in the college:) and they spake to her to that effect.
- 2Ch 34:31 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And the king stood in his place, and made a covenant before the LORD, to walk after the LORD, and to keep his commandments, and his testimonies, and his statutes, with all his heart, and with all his soul, to perform the words of the covenant which are written in this book.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Shamar". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".