The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 8104|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||rm#|| ||Shamar|
| ||attend, being careful, beware, bodyguard, careful, careful to keep, cares, charge, confine, confined, defending, did, diligently keep, doorkeeper, doorkeepers, gatekeepers, give heed, giving heed, guard, guarded, guards, guardsmen, have charge, heed to yourself and keep, heeds, hoarded, indignant, keep, keeper, keepers, keeping, keeps, kept, kept watch, maintained, mark, observe, observed, observes, observing, officers, pay attention, perform, performed, performing, preserve, preserved, preserves, protect, protects, regard, regards, remains, reserved, secured, sentries, spare, spies, take care, take heed, take note, take...heed, waiting, waits, watch, watched, watches, watching, watchman, watchmen|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 13 Verses|
- Jer 3:5 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- 'Will He be angry forever? Will He be indignant to the end ?' Behold, you have spoken And have done evil things, And you have had your way ."
- Jer 4:17 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- 'Like watchmen of a field they are against her round about, Because she has rebelled against Me,' declares the LORD.
- Jer 5:24 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- 'They do not say in their heart, "Let us now fear the LORD our God, Who gives rain in its season, Both the autumn rain and the spring rain, Who keeps for us The appointed weeks of the harvest ."
- Jer 8:7 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "Even the stork in the sky Knows her seasons; And the turtledove and the swift and the thrush Observe the time of their migration; But My people do not know The ordinance of the LORD.
- Jer 9:4 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "Let everyone be on guard against his neighbor, And do not trust any brother; Because every brother deals craftily, And every neighbor goes about as a slanderer.
- Jer 16:11 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "Then you are to say to them, 'It is because your forefathers have forsaken Me,' declares the LORD, 'and have followed other gods and served them and bowed down to them; but Me they have forsaken and have not kept My law.
- Jer 17:21 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- 'Thus says the LORD, "Take heed for yourselves, and do not carry any load on the sabbath day or bring anything in through the gates of Jerusalem.
- Jer 20:10 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- ForI have heard the whispering of many, "Terror on every side! Denounce him; yes, let us denounce him!" All my trusted friends, Watching for my fall, say: "Perhaps he will be deceived, so that we may prevail against him And take our revenge on him."
- Jer 31:10 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Hear the word of the LORD, O nations, And declare in the coastlands afar off, And say, "He who scattered Israel will gather him And keep him as a shepherd keeps his flock ."
- Jer 35:4 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- andI brought them into the house of the LORD, into the chamber of the sons of Hanan the son of Igdaliah, the man of God, which was near the chamber of the officials, which was above the chamber of Maaseiah the son of Shallum, the doorkeeper.
- Jer 35:18 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then Jeremiah said to the house of the Rechabites, "Thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, 'Because you have obeyed the command of Jonadab your father, kept all his commands and done according to all that he commanded you;
- Jer 51:12 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Lift up a signal against the walls of Babylon; Post a strong guard, Station sentries, Place men in ambush! For the LORD has both purposed and performed What He spoke concerning the inhabitants of Babylon.
- Jer 52:24 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then the captain of the guard took Seraiah the chief priest and Zephaniah the second priest, with the three officers of the temple.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Shamar". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".