The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 8314|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||vr#|| ||Saraph|
| ||fiery, fiery serpent, seraphim|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 4 Verses|
- Isa 6:2 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly.
- Isa 6:6 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then flew one of the seraphims unto me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar:
- Isa 14:29 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Rejoice not thou, whole Palestina, because the rod of him that smote thee is broken: for out of the serpent's root shall come forth a cockatrice, and his fruit shall be a fiery flying serpent.
- Isa 30:6 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- The burden of the beasts of the south: into the land of trouble and anguish, from whence come the young and old lion, the viper and fiery flying serpent, they will carry their riches upon the shoulders of young asses, and their treasures upon the bunches of camels, to a people that shall not profit them.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Saraph". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".