The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 8401|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||abt|| ||Teben|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 7 Verses|
- Ex 5:7 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "You are no longer to give the people straw to make brick as previously; let them go and gather straw for themselves.
- Ex 5:10 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- So the taskmasters of the people and their foremen went out and spoke to the people, saying, "Thus says Pharaoh, 'I am not going to give you any straw.
- Ex 5:11 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- 'You go and get straw for yourselves wherever you can find it, but none of your labor will be reduced .'"
- Ex 5:12 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- So the people scattered through all the land of Egypt to gather stubble for straw.
- Ex 5:13 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- The taskmasters pressed them, saying, "Complete your work quota, your daily amount, just as when you had straw ."
- Ex 5:16 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "There is no straw given to your servants, yet they keep saying to us, 'Make bricks !' And behold, your servants are being beaten; but it is the fault of your own people ."
- Ex 5:18 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "So go now and work; for you will be given no straw, yet you must deliver the quota of bricks ."
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Teben". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".