The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 8552|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||emt|| ||Tamam|
| ||all, all gone, all spent, been completed, blameless, blossoms, boil the well, came to an end, cease, come to an end, complete, completed, completely, consume, consumed, count, destroyed, end, ended, fail, finally, finish, finished, full, gone, lie, make an end, make your perfect, meet their end, met our end, perished, ready, run, show yourself blameless, spent, utterly|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 10 Verses|
- Jer 1:3 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- It came also in the days of Jehoiakim the son of Josiah, king of Judah, until the end of the eleventh year of Zedekiah the son of Josiah, king of Judah, until the exile of Jerusalem in the fifth month.
- Jer 6:29 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- The bellows blow fiercely, The lead is consumed by the fire; In vain the refining goes on, But the wicked are not separated.
- Jer 14:15 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "Therefore thus says the LORD concerning the prophets who are prophesying in My name, although it was notI who sent them--yet they keep saying, 'There will be no sword or famine in this land '--by sword and famine those prophets shall meet their end!
- Jer 24:10 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- 'I will send the sword, the famine and the pestilence upon them until they are destroyed from the land whichI gave to them and their forefathers .'"
- Jer 27:8 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "It will be, that the nation or the kingdom which will not serve him, Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, and which will not put its neck under the yoke of the king of Babylon, I will punish that nation with the sword, with famine and with pestilence ," declares the LORD, "untilI have destroyed it by his hand.
- Jer 36:23 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- When Jehudi had read three or four columns, the king cut it with a scribe's knife and threw it into the fire that was in the brazier, until all the scroll was consumed in the fire that was in the brazier.
- Jer 37:21 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Then King Zedekiah gave commandment, and they committed Jeremiah to the court of the guardhouse and gave him a loaf of bread daily from the bakers' street, until all the bread in the city was gone. So Jeremiah remained in the court of the guardhouse.
- Jer 44:12 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- 'AndI will take away the remnant of Judah who have set their mind on entering the land of Egypt to reside there, and they will all meet their end in the land of Egypt; they will fall by the sword and meet their end by famine. Both small and great will die by the sword and famine; and they will become a curse, an object of horror, an imprecation and a reproach.
- Jer 44:18 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "But since we stopped burning sacrifices to the queen of heaven and pouring out drink offerings to her, we have lacked everything and have met our end by the sword and by famine ."
- Jer 44:27 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- 'Behold, I am watching over them for harm and not for good, and all the men of Judah who are in the land of Egypt will meet their end by the sword and by famine until they are completely gone.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Tamam". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".