The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 8577|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||aynnt|| ||Tanniyn|
| ||dragon, sea monster, serpent, whale|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 6 Verses|
- Isa 13:22 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And the wild beasts of the islands shall cry in their desolate houses, and dragons in their pleasant palaces: and her time is near to come, and her days shall not be prolonged.
- Isa 27:1 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- In that day the LORD with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea.
- Isa 34:13 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And thorns shall come up in her palaces, nettles and brambles in the fortresses thereof: and it shall be an habitation of dragons, and a court for owls.
- Isa 35:7 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And the parched ground shall become a pool, and the thirsty land springs of water: in the habitation of dragons, where each lay, shall be grass with reeds and rushes.
- Isa 43:20 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- The beast of the field shall honour me, the dragons and the owls: becauseI give waters in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert, to give drink to my people, my chosen.
- Isa 51:9 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Awake, awake, put on strength,O arm of the LORD; awake, as in the ancient days, in the generations of old. Art thou not it that hath cut Rahab, and wounded the dragon?
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Tanniyn". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".