The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 8577|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||aynnt|| ||Tanniyn|
| ||dragon, sea monster, serpent, whale|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 6 Verses|
- Jer 9:11 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- AndI will make Jerusalem heaps, and a den of dragons; andI will make the cities of Judah desolate, without an inhabitant.
- Jer 10:22 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Behold, the noise of the bruit is come, and a great commotion out of the north country, to make the cities of Judah desolate, and a den of dragons.
- Jer 14:6 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And the wild asses did stand in the high places, they snuffed up the wind like dragons; their eyes did fail, because there was no grass.
- Jer 49:33 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And Hazor shall be a dwelling for dragons, and a desolation for ever: there shall no man abide there, nor any son of man dwell in it.
- Jer 51:34 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Nebuchadrezzar the king of Babylon hath devoured me, he hath crushed me, he hath made me an empty vessel, he hath swallowed me up like a dragon, he hath filled his belly with my delicates, he hath cast me out.
- Jer 51:37 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And Babylon shall become heaps, a dwellingplace for dragons, an astonishment, and an hissing, without an inhabitant.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Tanniyn". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".