The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 8593|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||r(t|| ||Ta`ar|
| ||knife, razor, sheath|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 5 Verses|
- Eze 5:1 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "As for you, son of man, take a sharp sword; take and use it as a barber's razor on your head and beard. Then take scales for weighing and divide the hair.
- Eze 21:3 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- and say to the land of Israel, 'Thus says the LORD, "Behold, I am against you; andI will draw My sword out of its sheath and cut off from you the righteous and the wicked.
- Eze 21:4 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "BecauseI will cut off from you the righteous and the wicked, therefore My sword will go forth from its sheath against all flesh from south to north.
- Eze 21:5 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "Thus all flesh will know that I, the LORD, have drawn My sword out of its sheath. It will not return to its sheath again ."'
- Eze 21:30 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- 'Return it to its sheath. In the place where you were created, in the land of your origin, I will judge you.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Ta`ar". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".