The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 8593|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||r(t|| ||Ta`ar|
| ||penknife, razor, scabbard, shave, sheath|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 5 Verses|
- Eze 5:1 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And thou, son of man, take thee a sharp knife, take thee a barber's razor, and cause it to pass upon thine head and upon thy beard: then take thee balances to weigh, and divide the hair.
- Eze 21:3 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And say to the land of Israel, Thus saith the LORD; Behold,I am against thee, and will draw forth my sword out of his sheath, and will cut off from thee the righteous and the wicked.
- Eze 21:4 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Seeing then thatI will cut off from thee the righteous and the wicked, therefore shall my sword go forth out of his sheath against all flesh from the south to the north:
- Eze 21:5 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- That all flesh may know thatI the LORD have drawn forth my sword out of his sheath: it shall not return any more.
- Eze 21:30 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- ShallI cause it to return into his sheath?I will judge thee in the place where thou wast created, in the land of thy nativity.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Ta`ar". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".