The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 977|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||rxb|| ||Bachar|
| ||acceptable, appoint, choice, choose, choose...out, chosen, chosen men, excellent, not translated, rather, require|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 8 Verses|
- 2Sa 6:1 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Again, David gathered together all the chosen men of Israel, thirty thousand.
- 2Sa 6:21 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And David said unto Michal, It was before the LORD, which chose me before thy father, and before all his house, to appoint me ruler over the people of the LORD, over Israel: therefore willI play before the LORD.
- 2Sa 10:9 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- When Joab saw that the front of the battle was against him before and behind, he chose of all the choice men of Israel, and put them in array against the Syrians:
- 2Sa 15:15 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And the king's servants said unto the king, Behold, thy servants are ready to do whatsoever my lord the king shall appoint.
- 2Sa 16:18 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And Hushai said unto Absalom, Nay; but whom the LORD, and this people, and all the men of Israel, choose, his willI be, and with him willI abide.
- 2Sa 17:1 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Moreover Ahithophel said unto Absalom, Let me now choose out twelve thousand men, andI will arise and pursue after David this night:
- 2Sa 19:38 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And the king answered, Chimham shall go over with me, andI will do to him that which shall seem good unto thee: and whatsoever thou shalt require of me, that willI do for thee.
- 2Sa 24:12 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Go and say unto David, Thus saith the LORD,I offer thee three things; choose thee one of them, thatI may do it unto thee.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Bachar". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".