The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 995|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||ayb|| ||Biyn|
| ||consider, discern, instruct, misc., perceive, prudent, regard, understand, understanding|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 8 Verses|
- Ne 8:2 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And Ezra the priest brought the law before the congregation both of men and women, and all that could hear with understanding, upon the first day of the seventh month.
- Ne 8:3 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And he read therein before the street that was before the water gate from the morning until midday, before the men and the women, and those that could understand; and the ears of all the people were attentive unto the book of the law.
- Ne 8:7 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Also Jeshua, and Bani, and Sherebiah, Jamin, Akkub, Shabbethai, Hodijah, Maaseiah, Kelita, Azariah, Jozabad, Hanan, Pelaiah, and the Levites, caused the people to understand the law: and the people stood in their place.
- Ne 8:8 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.
- Ne 8:9 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And Nehemiah, which is the Tirshatha, and Ezra the priest the scribe, and the Levites that taught the people, said unto all the people, This day is holy unto the LORD your God; mourn not, nor weep. For all the people wept, when they heard the words of the law.
- Ne 8:12 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And all the people went their way to eat, and to drink, and to send portions, and to make great mirth, because they had understood the words that were declared unto them.
- Ne 10:28 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And the rest of the people, the priests, the Levites, the porters, the singers, the Nethinims, and all they that had separated themselves from the people of the lands unto the law of God, their wives, their sons, and their daughters, every one having knowledge, and having understanding;
- Ne 13:7 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- AndI came to Jerusalem, and understood of the evil that Eliashib did for Tobiah, in preparing him a chamber in the courts of the house of God.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Biyn". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".