The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Original Word||Word Origin|
| ||anx|| ||from (02603)|
|Transliterated Word||Phonetic Spelling|
| ||Chanan|| ||khaw-nawn'
|Parts of Speech||TWOT|
| ||Proper Name Masculine|| ||None|
Canan or Hanan = "he is merciful"
- one of the chief people of the tribe of Benjamin
- last of the 6 sons of Azel, a descendant of Saul
- son of Maachah, one of David's mighty warriors
- father of some sons who returned from exile with Zerubbabel
- one of the Levites who assisted Ezra in his public exposition of the law
- one of the heads of the people who also sealed the covenant with Nehemiah
- another of the chief laymen who also sealed the covenant with Nehemiah
- son of Zaccur, grandson of Mattaniah whom Nehemiah made one of the storekeepers of the provisions collected as tithes. Same as 5 ?
- son of Igdaliah
| Translated Words|
| ||KJV (12) - Hanan, 12; |
NAS (12) - Hanan, 12;
| Verse Count|
| || |