The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
| Strong's Number: 5658||awdb(|
|Original Word||Word Origin|
| ||awdb(|| ||from (05647);|
|Transliterated Word||Phonetic Spelling|
| ||`Abdown|| ||ab-dohn'
|Parts of Speech||TWOT|
| ||N/A|| ||None|
Abdon = "servile" n pr m
- a judge of Israel in the time of the judges; perhaps the same as 'Bedan'
- a Benjamite, son of Shashak
- a Gibeonite, son of Jehiel and a grandson of Gideon
- son of Micah in the time of king Josiah of Judah; also 'Achbor' n pr loc
- a city in Asher allotted to the Gershonite Levites; located 10 miles (16 km) north of Accho; modern 'Abdeh'
| Translated Words|
| ||KJV (8) - Abdon, 8; |
NAS (8) - Abdon, 8;
| Verse Count|
| || |