The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Original Word||Word Origin|
| ||hmr|| ||the same as (07413)|
|Transliterated Word||Phonetic Spelling|
| ||Ramah|| ||raw-maw'
|Parts of Speech||TWOT|
| ||Proper Name Location|| ||None|
Ramah = "hill"
- a town in Benjamin on the border of Ephraim about 5 miles (8 km) from Jerusalem and near to Gibeah
- the home place of Samuel located in the hill country of Ephraim
- a fortified city in Naphtali
- landmark on the boundary of Asher, apparently between Tyre and Zidon
- a place of battle between Israel and Syria
- also 'Ramoth-gilead'
- a place rehabited by the Benjamites after the return from captivity
| Translated Words|
| ||KJV (37) - Ramah, 37; |
NAS (35) - Ramah, 35;
| Verse Count|
| || |