The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
| Strong's Number: 8092||)(m#|
|Original Word||Word Origin|
| ||)(m#|| ||for (08093)|
|Transliterated Word||Phonetic Spelling|
| ||Shim`a'|| ||shim-aw'
|Parts of Speech||TWOT|
| ||Proper Name Masculine|| ||None|
Shimea = "fame"
- son of David by Bathsheba
- brother of David, the 3rd son of Jesse
- also 'Shammah', 'Shimma', and 'Shimeah'
- a Gershonite Levite, father of Berachiah, and grandfather of Asaph
- a Merarite Levite, son of Uzzah, and father of Haggiah
| Translated Words|
| ||KJV (6) - Shimea, 6; |
NAS (5) - Shimea, 5;
| Verse Count|
| || |