The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
| Strong's Number: 8051||(wmm#|
|Original Word||Word Origin|
| ||(wmm#|| ||from (08074)|
|Transliterated Word||Phonetic Spelling|
| ||Shammuwa`|| ||sham-moo'-ah
|Parts of Speech||TWOT|
| ||Proper Name Masculine|| ||None|
Shammua = "renowned"
- son of Zaccur and the spy from the tribe of Reuben
- son of David by his wife Bathsheba
- also 'Shammuah' and 'Shimea'
- a Levite, son of Galal and father of Abda who lived in Jerusalem after the return from exile in the time of Nehemiah
- also 'Shemaiah'
- a priest, head of the family of Bilgah in the time of Joiakim after the return from exile
| Translated Words|
| ||KJV (5) - Shammua, 5; |
NAS (5) - Shammua, 5;
| Verse Count|
| || |