Robertson's Word Pictures of the New Testament1 Corinthians 15:37
- Not the body which shall be (ou to swma to genhsomenon).
- Articular future participle of ginomai, literally, "not the body that will become." The new
- body (swma)
- is not yet in existence, but only the seed (kokkov, grain, old word, as in Matthew 13:31).
- It may chance (ei tuxoi).
- Fourth class condition as in 1 Corinthians 14:10 which see. Paul is rich in metaphors here, though usually not so (Howson, Metaphors of St. Paul). Paul was a city man. We sow seeds, not plants (bodies). The butterfly comes out of the dying worm.