Robertson's Word Pictures of the New Testament1 Peter 4:13
- Inasmuch (kato).
- "In so far forth as" ("according to which thing"), old conjunction, in N.T. only here and 2 Corinthians 8:12; Romans 8:26.
- Ye are partakers of (koinwneite).
- Present active indicative of koinwnew, old verb (from koinwnov, partner), to share in either with genitive (Hebrews 2:14) or dative as here (pathmasin).
- That ye may rejoice with exceeding joy (ina xarhte agalliwmenoi).
- Purpose clause with ina and second aorist passive subjunctive of xairw, with the present middle participle of agalliaw to exult (1:8), "that ye may rejoice exulting." See 1:6-8 for this same idea associated with the second coming of Christ as here.