Robertson's Word Pictures of the New TestamentActs 13:31
- Was seen for many days (wpth epi hmerav pleiouv).
- The common verb (first aorist passive indicative of oraw, to see) for the appearance of the Risen Christ, the one used by Paul of his own vision of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:8), which is not reported by Luke here. For more days (than a few), the language means, forty in all (1:3).
- Of them that came up with him (toiv sunanabasin autwi).
- Dative (after wpth) articular participle (second aorist active of sunanabainw) with associative instrumental case (autwi), the very men who knew him best and who could not be easily deceived about the reality of his resurrection. But this fact rules Paul out on this point, for he had not fellowshipped with Jesus from Galilee to Jerusalem.
- Who are now his witnesses (oitinev nun eisin marturev autou).
- The very point that Peter used to clinch his argument with such powerful effect (2:32; 3:15).