Robertson's Word Pictures of the New TestamentJohn 14:23
- If a man love me (ean tiv agapai me).
- Condition of third class with ean and present active subjunctive, "if one keep on loving me." That is key to the spiritual manifestation (empanizw).
- We will come (eleusometa).
- Future middle of erxomai and first person plural (the Father and I), not at the judgment, but here and now.
- And make our abode with him (kai monhn par' autwi poihsometa).
- See verse 2 for the word monh (dwelling, abiding place). If the Holy Spirit "abides" (menei, verse 17) in you, that heart becomes a temple (naov) of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 3:16), and so a fit dwelling place for the Father and the Son, a glorious and uplifting reality.