The New Testament Greek Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 2243|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||¹Hliğav|| ||Helias|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 7 Verses|
- Lu 1:17 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- "It is he who will go as a forerunner before Him in the spirit and power of Elijah, TO TURN THE HEARTS OF THE FATHERS BACK TO THE CHILDREN, and the disobedient to the attitude of the righteous, so as to make ready a people prepared for the Lord ."
- Lu 4:25 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- "ButI say to you in truth, there were many widows in Israel in the days of Elijah, when the sky was shut up for three years and six months, when a great famine came over all the land;
- Lu 4:26 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- and yet Elijah was sent to none of them, but only to Zarephath, in the land of Sidon, to a woman who was a widow.
- Lu 9:8 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- and by some that Elijah had appeared, and by others that one of the prophets of old had risen again.
- Lu 9:19 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- They answered and said, "John the Baptist, and others say Elijah; but others, that one of the prophets of old has risen again ."
- Lu 9:30 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- And behold, two men were talking with Him; and they were Moses and Elijah,
- Lu 9:33 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- And as these were leaving Him, Peter said to Jesus, "Master, it is good for us to be here; let us make three tabernacles: one for You, and one for Moses, and one for Elijah "--not realizing what he was saying.
The New Testament Greek Lexicon based on Thayer's and Smith's Bible Dictionary plus others; this is keyed to the large Kittel and the "Theological Dictionary of the New Testament." These files are public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Thayer and Smith. "Greek Lexicon entry for Helias". "The New Testament Greek Lexicon".