The New Testament Greek Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 2480|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||iÎsxu/w|| ||Ischuo|
| ||avail, be able, be whole, can (could), can do, cannot + (3756), may, misc, prevail|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 4 Verses|
- Mr 2:17 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick:I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
- Mr 5:4 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- Because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him.
- Mr 9:18 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- And wheresoever he taketh him, he teareth him: and he foameth, and gnasheth with his teeth, and pineth away: andI spake to thy disciples that they should cast him out; and they could not.
- Mr 14:37 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- And he cometh, and findeth them sleeping, and saith unto Peter, Simon, sleepest thou? couldest not thou watch one hour?
The New Testament Greek Lexicon based on Thayer's and Smith's Bible Dictionary plus others; this is keyed to the large Kittel and the "Theological Dictionary of the New Testament." These files are public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Thayer and Smith. "Greek Lexicon entry for Ischuo". "The New Testament Greek Lexicon".