The New Testament Greek Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 2480|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||iÎsxu/w|| ||Ischuo|
| ||avail, be able, be whole, can (could), can do, cannot + (3756), may, misc, prevail|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 4 Verses|
- Mt 5:13 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
- Mt 8:28 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- And when he was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met him two possessed with devils, coming out of the tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way.
- Mt 9:12 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.
- Mt 26:40 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour?
The New Testament Greek Lexicon based on Thayer's and Smith's Bible Dictionary plus others; this is keyed to the large Kittel and the "Theological Dictionary of the New Testament." These files are public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Thayer and Smith. "Greek Lexicon entry for Ischuo". "The New Testament Greek Lexicon".