The New Testament Greek Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 4073|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||pe—tra|| ||Petra|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 5 Verses|
- Mt 7:24 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them,I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
- Mt 7:25 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
- Mt 16:18 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- AndI say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rockI will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
- Mt 27:51 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;
- Mt 27:60 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- And laid it in his own new tomb, which he had hewn out in the rock: and he rolled a great stone to the door of the sepulchre, and departed.
The New Testament Greek Lexicon based on Thayer's and Smith's Bible Dictionary plus others; this is keyed to the large Kittel and the "Theological Dictionary of the New Testament." These files are public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Thayer and Smith. "Greek Lexicon entry for Petra". "The New Testament Greek Lexicon".