The New Testament Greek Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 5503|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||xh/ra|| ||Chera|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 6 Verses|
- 1Ti 5:3 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- Honour widows that are widows indeed.
- 1Ti 5:4 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- But if any widow have children or nephews, let them learn first to shew piety at home, and to requite their parents: for that is good and acceptable before God.
- 1Ti 5:5 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- Now she that is a widow indeed, and desolate, trusteth in God, and continueth in supplications and prayers night and day.
- 1Ti 5:9 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- Let not a widow be taken into the number under threescore years old, having been the wife of one man,
- 1Ti 5:11 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- But the younger widows refuse: for when they have begun to wax wanton against Christ, they will marry;
- 1Ti 5:16 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- If any man or woman that believeth have widows, let them relieve them, and let not the church be charged; that it may relieve them that are widows indeed.
The New Testament Greek Lexicon based on Thayer's and Smith's Bible Dictionary plus others; this is keyed to the large Kittel and the "Theological Dictionary of the New Testament." These files are public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Thayer and Smith. "Greek Lexicon entry for Chera". "The New Testament Greek Lexicon".