The New Testament Greek Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 5503|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||xh/ra|| ||Chera|
| ||widow, widows, widows'|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 3 Verses|
- Ac 6:1 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- Now at this time while the disciples were increasing in number, a complaint arose on the part of the Hellenistic Jews against the native Hebrews, because their widows were being overlooked in the daily serving of food.
- Ac 9:39 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- So Peter arose and went with them. When he arrived, they brought him into the upper room; and all the widows stood beside him, weeping and showing all the tunics and garments that Dorcas used to make while she was with them.
- Ac 9:41 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- And he gave her his hand and raised her up; and calling the saints and widows, he presented her alive.
The New Testament Greek Lexicon based on Thayer's and Smith's Bible Dictionary plus others; this is keyed to the large Kittel and the "Theological Dictionary of the New Testament." These files are public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Thayer and Smith. "Greek Lexicon entry for Chera". "The New Testament Greek Lexicon".