The New Testament Greek Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 5561|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||xw˝ra|| ||Chora|
| ||country, fields, land, region, regions|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 8 Verses|
- Ac 8:1 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- Saul was in hearty agreement with putting him to death. A nd on that day a great persecution began against the church in Jerusalem, and they were all scattered throughout the regions of Judea and Samaria, except the apostles.
- Ac 10:39 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- "We are witnesses of all the things He did both in the land of the Jews and in Jerusalem. They also put Him to death by hanging Him on a cross.
- Ac 12:20 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- Now he was very angry with the people of Tyre and Sidon; and with one accord they came to him, and having won over Blastus the king's chamberlain, they were asking for peace, because their country was fed by the king's country.
- Ac 13:49 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- And the word of the Lord was being spread through the whole region.
- Ac 16:6 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- They passed through the Phrygian and Galatian region, having been forbidden by the Holy Spirit to speak the word in Asia;
- Ac 18:23 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- And having spent some time there, he left and passed successively through the Galatian region and Phrygia, strengthening all the disciples.
- Ac 26:20 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- but kept declaring both to those of Damascus first, and also at Jerusalem and then throughout all the region of Judea, and even to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, performing deeds appropriate to repentance.
- Ac 27:27 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Greek]
- But when the fourteenth night came, as we were being driven about in the Adriatic Sea, about midnight the sailors began to surmise that they were approaching some land.
The New Testament Greek Lexicon based on Thayer's and Smith's Bible Dictionary plus others; this is keyed to the large Kittel and the "Theological Dictionary of the New Testament." These files are public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Thayer and Smith. "Greek Lexicon entry for Chora". "The New Testament Greek Lexicon".