The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 117|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||rydd)|| ||'addiyr|
| ||excellent, famous, gallant, glorious, goodly, lordly, mighty, noble one, nobles, principal, worthies|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 5 Verses|
- Jer 14:3 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And their nobles have sent their little ones to the waters: they came to the pits, and found no water; they returned with their vessels empty; they were ashamed and confounded, and covered their heads.
- Jer 25:34 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Howl, ye shepherds, and cry; and wallow yourselves in the ashes, ye principal of the flock: for the days of your slaughter and of your dispersions are accomplished; and ye shall fall like a pleasant vessel.
- Jer 25:35 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And the shepherds shall have no way to flee, nor the principal of the flock to escape.
- Jer 25:36 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- A voice of the cry of the shepherds, and an howling of the principal of the flock, shall be heard: for the LORD hath spoiled their pasture.
- Jer 30:21 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And their nobles shall be of themselves, and their governor shall proceed from the midst of them; andI will cause him to draw near, and he shall approach unto me: for who is this that engaged his heart to approach unto me? saith the LORD.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for 'addiyr". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".