The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 1516|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||)yg|| ||Gay'|
| ||Ge-harashim, Valley, valley, valleys|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 5 Verses|
- Isa 22:1 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- The oracle concerning the valley of vision. What is the matter with you now, that you have all gone up to the housetops?
- Isa 22:5 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- For the Lord GOD of hosts has a day of panic, subjugation and confusion In the valley of vision, A breaking down of walls And a crying to the mountain.
- Isa 28:1 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Woe to the proud crown of the drunkards of Ephraim, And to the fading flower of its glorious beauty, Which is at the head of the fertile valley Of those who are overcome with wine!
- Isa 28:4 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And the fading flower of its glorious beauty, Which is at the head of the fertile valley, Will be like the first-ripe fig prior to summer, Which one sees, And as soon as it is in his hand, He swallows it.
- Isa 40:4 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "Let every valley be lifted up, And every mountain and hill be made low; And let the rough ground become a plain, And the rugged terrain a broad valley;
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Gay'". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".