The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 205|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||aw)|| ||'aven|
| ||affliction, evil, false, idol, iniquity, mischief, mourners, mourning, nought, sorrow, unjust, unrighteous, vain, vanity, wicked(ness)|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 3 Verses|
- Ho 6:8 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Gilead is a city of them that work iniquity, and is polluted with blood.
- Ho 9:4 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- They shall not offer wine offerings to the LORD, neither shall they be pleasing unto him: their sacrifices shall be unto them as the bread of mourners; all that eat thereof shall be polluted: for their bread for their soul shall not come into the house of the LORD.
- Ho 12:11 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Is there iniquity in Gilead? surely they are vanity: they sacrifice bullocks in Gilgal; yea, their altars are as heaps in the furrows of the fields.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for 'aven". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".