The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 339|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||y)|| ||'iy|
| ||coastland, coastlands, islands|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 8 Verses|
- Eze 26:15 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Thus says the Lord GOD to Tyre, "Shall not the coastlands shake at the sound of your fall when the wounded groan, when the slaughter occurs in your midst?
- Eze 26:18 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- 'Now the coastlands will tremble On the day of your fall; Yes, the coastlands which are by the sea Will be terrified at your passing .'"
- Eze 27:3 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- and say to Tyre, who dwells at the entrance to the sea, merchant of the peoples to many coastlands, 'Thus says the Lord GOD, "O Tyre, you have said, 'I am perfect in beauty .'
- Eze 27:6 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "Of oaks from Bashan they have made your oars; With ivory they have inlaid your deck of boxwood from the coastlands of Cyprus.
- Eze 27:7 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "Your sail was of fine embroidered linen from Egypt So that it became your distinguishing mark; Your awning was blue and purple from the coastlands of Elishah.
- Eze 27:15 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "The sons of Dedan were your traders. Many coastlands were your market; ivory tusks and ebony they brought as your payment.
- Eze 27:35 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- 'All the inhabitants of the coastlands Are appalled at you, And their kings are horribly afraid; They are troubled in countenance.
- Eze 39:6 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "AndI will send fire upon Magog and those who inhabit the coastlands in safety; and they will know thatI am the LORD.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for 'iy". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".