The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 339|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||y)|| ||'iy|
| ||country, islands, isle(s)|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 8 Verses|
- Eze 26:15 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Thus saith the Lord GOD to Tyrus; Shall not the isles shake at the sound of thy fall, when the wounded cry, when the slaughter is made in the midst of thee?
- Eze 26:18 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Now shall the isles tremble in the day of thy fall; yea, the isles that are in the sea shall be troubled at thy departure.
- Eze 27:3 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And say unto Tyrus,O thou that art situate at the entry of the sea, which art a merchant of the people for many isles, Thus saith the Lord GOD;O Tyrus, thou hast said, I am of perfect beauty.
- Eze 27:6 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Of the oaks of Bashan have they made thine oars; the company of the Ashurites have made thy benches of ivory, brought out of the isles of Chittim.
- Eze 27:7 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Fine linen with broidered work from Egypt was that which thou spreadest forth to be thy sail; blue and purple from the isles of Elishah was that which covered thee.
- Eze 27:15 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- The men of Dedan were thy merchants; many isles were the merchandise of thine hand: they brought thee for a present horns of ivory and ebony.
- Eze 27:35 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- All the inhabitants of the isles shall be astonished at thee, and their kings shall be sore afraid, they shall be troubled in their countenance.
- Eze 39:6 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- AndI will send a fire on Magog, and among them that dwell carelessly in the isles: and they shall know thatI am the LORD.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for 'iy". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".