The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 4148|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||rswm|| ||Muwcar|
| ||chastening, chastise, correction, discipline, disciplines, instruction, punishment, reproof, warning|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 8 Verses|
- Jer 2:30 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "In vainI have struck your sons; They accepted no chastening. Your sword has devoured your prophets Like a destroying lion.
- Jer 5:3 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- O LORD, do not Your eyes look for truth? You have smitten them, But they did not weaken; You have consumed them, But they refused to take correction. They have made their faces harder than rock; They have refused to repent.
- Jer 7:28 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "You shall say to them, 'This is the nation that did not obey the voice of the LORD their God or accept correction; truth has perished and has been cut off from their mouth.
- Jer 10:8 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- But they are altogether stupid and foolish In their discipline of delusion --their idol is wood!
- Jer 17:23 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "Yet they did not listen or incline their ears, but stiffened their necks in order not to listen or take correction.
- Jer 30:14 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- 'All your lovers have forgotten you, They do not seek you; ForI have wounded you with the wound of an enemy, With the punishment of a cruel one, Because your iniquity is great And your sins are numerous.
- Jer 32:33 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "They have turned their back to Me and not their face; thoughI taught them, teaching again and again, they would not listen and receive instruction.
- Jer 35:13 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "Thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, 'Go and say to the men of Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem, "Will you not receive instruction by listening to My words ?" declares the LORD.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Muwcar". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".