The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 4148|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||rswm|| ||Muwcar|
| ||bond, chasten, chastisement, check, correction, discipline, doctrine, instruction, rebuker|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 8 Verses|
- Jer 2:30 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- In vain haveI smitten your children; they received no correction: your own sword hath devoured your prophets, like a destroying lion.
- Jer 5:3 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- O LORD, are not thine eyes upon the truth? thou hast stricken them, but they have not grieved; thou hast consumed them, but they have refused to receive correction: they have made their faces harder than a rock; they have refused to return.
- Jer 7:28 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- But thou shalt say unto them, This is a nation that obeyeth not the voice of the LORD their God, nor receiveth correction: truth is perished, and is cut off from their mouth.
- Jer 10:8 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- But they are altogether brutish and foolish: the stock is a doctrine of vanities.
- Jer 17:23 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- But they obeyed not, neither inclined their ear, but made their neck stiff, that they might not hear, nor receive instruction.
- Jer 30:14 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- All thy lovers have forgotten thee; they seek thee not; forI have wounded thee with the wound of an enemy, with the chastisement of a cruel one, for the multitude of thine iniquity; because thy sins were increased.
- Jer 32:33 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And they have turned unto me the back, and not the face: thoughI taught them, rising up early and teaching them, yet they have not hearkened to receive instruction.
- Jer 35:13 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Go and tell the men of Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem, Will ye not receive instruction to hearken to my words? saith the LORD.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Muwcar". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".