The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 4687|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||hwcm|| ||Mitsvah|
| ||command, commanded, commandment, commandments, commands, obligation, prescribed, terms, things, tradition, what|
| The NAS Strong's Version - 12 Verses|
- 1Ki 2:3 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "Keep the charge of the LORD your God, to walk in His ways, to keep His statutes, His commandments, His ordinances, and His testimonies, according to what is written in the Law of Moses, that you may succeed in all that you do and wherever you turn,
- 1Ki 2:43 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "Why then have you not kept the oath of the LORD, and the command whichI have laid on you?"
- 1Ki 3:14 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "If you walk in My ways, keeping My statutes and commandments, as your father David walked, thenI will prolong your days ."
- 1Ki 6:12 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "Concerning this house which you are building, if you will walk in My statutes and execute My ordinances and keep all My commandments by walking in them, thenI will carry out My word with you whichI spoke to David your father.
- 1Ki 8:58 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- that He may incline our hearts to Himself, to walk in all His ways and to keep His commandments and His statutes and His ordinances, which He commanded our fathers.
- 1Ki 8:61 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "Let your heart therefore be wholly devoted to the LORD our God, to walk in His statutes and to keep His commandments, as at this day ."
- 1Ki 9:6 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- "But if you or your sons indeed turn away from following Me, and do not keep My commandments and My statutes whichI have set before you, and go and serve other gods and worship them,
- 1Ki 11:34 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- 'NeverthelessI will not take the whole kingdom out of his hand, butI will make him ruler all the days of his life, for the sake of My servant David whomI chose, who observed My commandments and My statutes;
- 1Ki 11:38 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- 'Then it will be, that if you listen to all thatI command you and walk in My ways, and do what is right in My sight by observing My statutes and My commandments, as My servant David did, thenI will be with you and build you an enduring house asI built for David, andI will give Israel to you.
- 1Ki 13:21 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- and he cried to the man of God who came from Judah, saying, "Thus says the LORD, 'Because you have disobeyed the command of the LORD, and have not observed the commandment which the LORD your God commanded you,
- 1Ki 14:8 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- and tore the kingdom away from the house of David and gave it to you--yet you have not been like My servant David, who kept My commandments and who followed Me with all his heart, to do only that which was right in My sight;
- 1Ki 18:18 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- He said, "I have not troubled Israel, but you and your father's house have, because you have forsaken the commandments of the LORD and you have followed the Baals.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Mitsvah". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".