The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
|Verse Display - Strong's Number: 4687|
|Original Word||Transliterated Word|
| ||hwcm|| ||Mitsvah|
| ||commanded, commandments, law, ordinances, precept|
| The KJV Strong's Version - 4 Verses|
- Ezr 7:11 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Now this is the copy of the letter that the king Artaxerxes gave unto Ezra the priest, the scribe, even a scribe of the words of the commandments of the LORD, and of his statutes to Israel.
- Ezr 9:10 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- And now,O our God, what shall we say after this? for we have forsaken thy commandments,
- Ezr 9:14 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Should we again break thy commandments, and join in affinity with the people of these abominations? wouldest not thou be angry with us till thou hadst consumed us, so that there should be no remnant nor escaping?
- Ezr 10:3 - [In Context|Read Chapter|Original Hebrew]
- Now therefore let us make a covenant with our God to put away all the wives, and such as are born of them, according to the counsel of my lord, and of those that tremble at the commandment of our God; and let it be done according to the law.
The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries. Copyright © 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation. All rights
Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Mitsvah". "The Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon".